NBIA/State Association Joint Scholarship Program
NBIA has again partnered with state business incubation associations to sponsor NBIA/state association joint scholarships for the 28th International Conference on Business Incubation. Because the joint scholarships are underwritten by both NBIA and the state associations, recipients receive free registration to attend NBIA's 2014 conference.
The recipients of this year's conference scholarships and their participating state associations are:
- David Bollenback, FSU Student Business Incubator, Tallahassee, Fla. – Florida Business Incubation Association
- Sara Goodman, University at Buffalo Technology Incubator, Amherst, N.Y. – Business Incubator Association of New York State
- Carl Smalls, Business Development & Entrepreneurship Center, Roxboro, N.C. – North Carolina Business Incubators Association
NBIA International Conference on Business Incubation Scholarship
NBIA has awarded five scholarships for the 28th International Conference on Business Incubation in New Orleans. A panel of NBIA members selected the five scholarship winners from among all applicants. The scholarships help NBIA members to attend the conference for the first time and reap the benefits of the knowledge and networking it provides.
The recipients of this year's conference scholarships are:
- Jonathan Carricarte Zivec, Individual student member from Mexico City, Mexico
- Suzanne Krauss, Midcoast Regional Redevelopment Authority, Brunswick, Maine
- Nardia Manhertz-Edwards, Technology Innovation Centre, Kingston, Jamaica
- Dawn Meader McCausland, Dawn Meader McCausland Consulting, Yakima, Wash.
- Patricia Rensink, Northern Arizona Center for Entrepreneurship & Technology, Flagstaff, Ariz.