NBIA/State Association Joint Scholarship Program
NBIA has again partnered with state business incubation associations to sponsor NBIA/state association joint scholarships for the 27th International Conference on Business Incubation. Because the joint scholarships are underwritten by both NBIA and the state associations, recipients receive free registration to attend NBIA's 2013 conference.
The recipients of this year's conference scholarships and their participating state associations are:
- Brian Caswell, Economic Development Incubation Facility, Sarasota, Fla. – Florida Business Incubation Association
- Ashley Hudson, North Carolina State Technology Incubator, Raleigh, N.C. – North Carolina Business Incubators Association
- Doreen Kula, Lennox Tech Enterprise Center, West Henrietta, N.Y. – Business Incubator Association of New York State
- Shannon McCormick, Louisiana Business & Technology Center, Baton Rouge, La. – Louisiana Business Incubation Association
- Emily Wheeler, New York City Accelerator for a Clean and Renewable Economy, Brooklyn, N.Y., Business Incubator Association of New York State
NBIA International Conference on Business Incubation Scholarship
NBIA has awarded five scholarships for the 27th International Conference on Business Incubation in Boston. A panel of NBIA members selected the five scholarship winners from among all applicants. The scholarships help NBIA members to attend the conference for the first time and reap the benefits of the knowledge and networking it provides.
The recipients of this year's conference scholarships are:
- John Becker, Red Wing Innovation Incubator, Red Wing, Minn.
- Hank Betke, Red River Region Business Incubator, Paris, Texas
- Xan Pedisich, Portland State University Business Accelerator, Portland, Ore
- Lea Ann Seiler, Hodgeman County Economic Development, Jetmore, Kan.
- Donna Weldon, Hannah Grimes Center, Keene, N.H.