NBIA/State Association Joint Scholarship Program
The National Business Incubation Association has partnered again with state business incubation associations to sponsor NBIA/State Association Joint Scholarships for the 23rd International Conference on Business Incubation. Scholarship recipients will receive conference registration to attend NBIA’s 2009 conference, to be held April 19-22 in Kansas City, Mo.
Scholarship recipients are responsible for all travel, lodging, meals (outside of any meals included in the conference registration fee), and other expenses associated with attending the conference.
The recipients of this year’s conference scholarships and their participating state associations are:
- Randi Lowenthal of the Roaring Fork Business Center, sponsored by the Colorado Business Incubation Association
- Ed White of the Platteville Business Incubator, sponsored by the Wisconsin Business Incubation Association
NBIA International Conference on Business Incubation Scholarship
Thanks to the generous support received during the Silent Auction at NBIA’s 22nd International Conference on Business Incubation in San Antonio, NBIA has awarded 7 scholarships for the 2009 conference in Kansas City. The scholarships reduce the conference registration fee to $89 for recipients. Note: These scholarships are available for first-time attendees only.
The recipients of this year’s conference scholarships are:
- Dan Beenken of the John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center in Cedar Falls, Iowa
- Julie Clarke of the Todd Street Business Chambers in Port Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
- Ernesto Gallo of Escuela Agricola Panamericana Zamorano in Tegucigalpa, Honduras
- Ahmed Gdoura of BID Business & Institutional Development in Ariana, Tunisia
- Jeri Koehler of Rogers State University Innovation Center in Claremore, Okla.
- Shahid Raza Mir, a student attending Monterey Institute of International Studies in Monterey Calif.
- Carole Shafer of Western Wyoming Community College in Green River, Wyo.